Defending Rights And Serving Michigan Businesses
If your employer or a government agency has discriminated against you, or if you simply want to start your own local business, we can provide the attorney for your needs. We opened Akeel & Valentine, PLC, to serve both of these needs in the Detroit, Michigan, communities.
We offer skilled, professional representation with competitive prices and personal attention only a small, boutique law firm can provide. Glenn Valentine handles the business and transactional cases, and Shereef Akeel is the attorney fighting for your civil rights. Contact us today.
- Civil rights: Shereef Akeel focuses his practice as a lawyer on the rights afforded to you under the U.S. Constitution, in both state and federal courts. Those rights include protection from police misconduct.
- Employment law: If you have been mistreated at work, experienced retaliation or sustained a wrongful termination because of your ethnicity, religion or age, you may have a claim.
- Discrimination: Discrimination comes in many forms, including racial profiling, malicious prosecution, unlawful arrest, police brutality and denial of basic public rights.
- Whistleblower: Our firm handles whistleblower matters for employees, along with issues related to the False Claims Act or Qui Tam matters.
- Federal employment law: As a federal employee, you require the same level of legal help from a Detroit employment attorney as your state counterparts if you experienced sexual harassment, discrimination or retaliation for whistleblowing.
- Abu Ghraib and government contractors: We can represent you for crimes committed against you in Abu Ghraib, as well as crimes against humanity by U.S. contractors overseas.
- Wrongful death and personal injury: If you are injured, or if someone you love has died because of the negligence of someone else, we can represent you in the matter.
- Gas station disputes, pricing, negotiations and contracts: If you are a gas dealer experiencing price-gouging or other unethical behavior from a gas distributor, we can help.
- Real estate: We can help with your real estate needs, including the buying, selling, and leasing of commercial or retail properties like shopping centers, hospitals and office complexes.
- Business transactions: We have experience negotiating complex deals for small or large businesses, while maintaining the small, boutique personal service you need.
- Estate planning, wills, trusts and probate: We can help with your estate plan, including wills, living trusts, general powers of attorney and medical powers of attorney.
Contact Us • 248-918-4542
Contact us today to see how we can help with your civil rights, employment law, real estate, business transaction or estate planning needs.