If your employer or a government agency has discriminated against you, or if you simply want to start your own local business, we can provide the attorney for your needs. We opened Akeel & Valentine, PLC, to serve both of these needs in the Detroit, Michigan, area.
We offer skilled, professional representation with competitive prices and personal attention only a small, boutique law firm can provide. Glenn Valentine handles the business and transactional cases, and Shereef Akeel is the attorney fighting for your employment and civil rights.
We handle cases in these areas of law:
- Employment law — If you have been mistreated at work, experienced retaliation or sustained a wrongful termination because of your ethnicity, religion or age, you may have a claim.
- Employment discrimination — On the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability and pregnancy.
- Whistleblower claims — Our employee rights lawyers handle whistleblower claims for employees, along with issues related to the False Claims Act or qui tam matters.
- Federal employment law — As a federal employee, you require the same level of legal help from a Detroit employment attorney as your state counterparts if you experienced sexual harassment, discrimination or retaliation for whistleblowing.
- If you are injured, or if someone you love has died because of the negligence of someone else, we can represent you seeking compensation and justice.
- Discrimination in public accommodation or by government authorities — Discrimination comes in many forms, including racial profiling, malicious prosecution, unlawful arrest, police brutality and denial of basic public rights.
- Human rights — We can represent you for crimes committed against you by the U.S. military as well as crimes against humanity by U.S. contractors overseas.
- Business transactions — We have experience negotiating complex deals for small or large businesses, while maintaining the small, boutique personal service you need.
- Gas station disputes, pricing, negotiations and contracts — If you are a gas dealer experiencing price-gouging or other unethical behavior from a gas distributor, we can help.
- Real estate — We can help with your real estate needs, including the buying, selling, and leasing of commercial or retail properties like shopping centers, hospitals and office complexes.
- We can help with your estate plan, including wills, living trusts, general powers of attorney and medical powers of attorney. We also provide probate administration services.
Contact Us For a Free Consultation
Contact us today to see how we can help with your civil rights, employment law, real estate, business transaction or estate planning needs.