Location : Troy, MI
Asma's work covers a broad range of clients and areas of practice. Before joining Akeel & Valentine, PLC as an associate attorney, Asma was a research attorney at the Michigan Court of Appeals in Detroit, Michigan, where she prepared comprehensive reports and proposed opinions to assist the Court's three-judge panels in preparing for case call and in issuing opinions.
At Wayne State University Law School, Asma was a Provost's Scholar and Senior Editor of The Wayne Law Review. She was also a semi-finalist of Wayne Law's Moot Court Winter 2019 In-House Competition and a recipient of the First-Place Negotiator-Seller's Counsel Award in the 2019 Jaffe Transactional Law Competition. Asma was Chairman of the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 Jaffe Transactional Law Competitions, Vice President of the Entrepreneurship and Business Law Society, and a member of the Women's Law Caucus. As an advanced student attorney with the Business and Community Law Clinic, Asma was awarded Wayne Law's Certificate of Achievement for pro bono service.
During law school, Asma served as a federal judicial intern to the Hon. Laurie J. Michelson and the Hon. Victoria A. Roberts at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
When Asma is not practicing law, she spends time with her family, friends, and brazen cat (Tony). Some of her favorite pastimes are travelling, gardening, cooking, and designing/decorating spaces.
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 2020
- University of Michigan, Dearborn, Michigan
- B.A. - 2017
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Major: English Literature
- Minor: Arabic
- Minor: Sociology
- Michigan Court of Appeals, Research Attorney, 2020 to 2021
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, Tax Associate, 2021 to 2022
- Oakland Bar Association, 2020 to Present
- Detroit Bar Association, 2021 to Present
- Wolverine Bar Association, 2018 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- Civil Rights
- Litigation & Appeals
- Michigan, 2020
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2022