We Fiercely Defend Civil Rights
“Civil rights” is a term with different meanings to many people. With all these understandings of civil rights, the most important point to remember is that individuals in this free society possess certain rights and protections guaranteed by the Constitution.
Serving the Detroit, Michigan, area and the U.S. from offices in Dearborn and Troy, the lawyers at Akeel & Valentine, PLC, can help secure your civil rights. We possess a rich understanding of Constitutional jurisprudence and we will fight your rights.
Call us at 248-918-4542 to discuss whether you have a civil rights claim.
Fighting For Your Civil Rights, At Home And Abroad
Attorney Shereef Akeel is licensed to practice before several state and federal courts. When you choose him to represent you, Mr. Akeel will fiercely defend your rights. The law firm of Akeel & Valentine, PLC, can represent you if you have suffered these or other violations of your civil rights:
- Mistreatment, denial of benefits, and wrongful termination in the course of employment
- Discrimination as a result of membership in a certain protected class, based on religion, gender, age or disability
- Police misconduct, including false arrest and physical abuse
- Torture or other denial of your basic human rights, including human rights violations that occur in other countries
We are confident and experienced taking civil rights cases to any court, state or federal. Our clients have varied in ethnicity, religious background, gender, and age, and we will fight for you regardless of your affiliation.
Some of the most essential rights afforded under the Constitution include:
- The right to the free exercise of religion
- The right to bear arms
- The right to due process
- The right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment
If these rights are denied, your civil rights have been violated and we can help you defend these rights.
We have represented not just individuals in their civil rights claims, but agencies, charities, and other organizations, as well.
Contact Our Firm
If you feel your civil rights have been violated or denied, or you have experienced race discrimination, call us at 248-918-4542 or contact us online today. Our small, boutique size ensures you get the attention and fair pricing you need, and our work ethic and attention to detail ensure that you can stand on level ground with the big hitters.