Skilled Attorneys For Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts And Probate
You want to pass on your wealth, in the way you decide, without unnecessary tax consequences for you or your beneficiaries. You also want some control over the medical decisions during your final days. It is essential to have a legal team behind you that has experience and expertise in navigating the complicated legal waters of estate planning.
At Akeel & Valentine, PLC, we know how to help you handle your estate planning needs. Our attorneys have vast experience helping Detroit, Michigan, families establish their wills, trusts, financial and health care powers of attorney (POA), living wills and advance health care directives.
Call us at 248-918-4542 for a consultation to discuss your estate planning needs. We serve clients throughout the Detroit area from offices in Dearborn and Troy.
Helping You Protect And Distribute Your Assets
We can advise you with many aspects of estate planning:
- Wealth transfer and tax maximization: We can help you navigate the complicated legal waters of wealth transfer.
- Financial powers of attorney: Giving someone else the power to act on your behalf regarding your financial matters if you become unable to make these decisions yourself. We can help you with this important decision.
- Health care powers of attorney: Similar to financial powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney grant a third party the right and authority to make your health care decisions should you become incapacitated, and it also allows you to direct how these decisions are made. Let us help make sure your wishes are met.
- Wills and trusts: Two of the most common wealth transfer devices, wills and trusts are vital to a successful estate plan. Let us help you establish will and trust documents to serve your estate.
- Probate: An estate goes to probate when there is serious conflict over the wealth distributing documents, or when there are no such documents available. We can help throughout the process, including representing you at probate hearings.
We Focus On Your Needs
The small, boutique nature of the Akeel & Valentine, PLC, law firm allows us to serve you more personally, to understand your needs and give you the best service possible. This also keeps our costs as reasonable as possible. By combining this small size with our extensive experience, our lawyers provide you with truly professional and personally tailored legal services for your estate planning.